Finally a pre-workout that doesn’t make my stomach sick!
Really excited to be sharing this with you today. As you know, I’m a big fan of Sunwarrior products and I have been working with them as an affiliate for a few years now. It all started with me researching different products that fit my high standards enough to recommend to others. I’m not a proponent of replacing foods with supplements – supplements are meant to enhance, not replace! BUT, if you are active or have a need for nutrient supplementation due to a surgery or deficiency – they can REALLY be helpful. This product is a part of their new Active line.
So I’ve been looking for a pre-workout sort of product for a while now. Sometimes I need a little jolt or boost to get me out of work mode [or sleep mode] and wake my brain up! Caffeine is a pretty easy solution for that most people but what really stood out to me about this product is all the other beneficial ingredients.
Here are some key ingredients here that really stood out to me:
- Electrolytes (hydration blend) – drinking plain water is great but not ideal! You lose a lot of electrolytes (salt, glucose, potassium are some that are in this product) from your body when you do strenuous exercise.
- Nitric oxide blend – EXCELLENT for blood pressure. It dilates the blood vessels and allows blood and oxygen to more freely flow throughout the body.
- Endurance blend – I’m a big fan of adaptogens. They are great for the gut and brain. Really great source for non-jittery energy and focus AND they can help modulate glucose levels. I’ll link a few sources down below so you can read up on these.
There’s more but that’s what I really wanted to touch on. It’s a quality product. The taste is GREAT. This is the watermelon flavor and it tastes like bubblicious gum! One scoop added to a shaker bottle with water or whatever liquid you prefer (I suggest water) and you are good to go!
And listen, this isn’t a magic bullet. It isn’t going to solve all of your health disparities or training frustrations. BUT, it has some pretty great ingredients that have the strong potential in having a positive impact on your health if added to your routine. And it tastes good.
As far as the comment about my stomach being sick from other products – I know that artificial sweeteners have not been concretely tied to health issues or blood glucose reactivity but I can tell you that things like aspartame, sucralose, and acesulfame really upset my stomach (bloating, diarrhea, pain, cramping). Stevia seems to be okay for me with small enough dosing.
This product is:
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Dairy Free
- No Added Sugar
If you have any questions about the product, let me know! You can also get 20% off using my code cdee1 at checkout – off any order at any time (unless otherwise noted).
Here are some resources on mushrooms if you are interested:
- Cör D, Knez Ž, Knez Hrnčič M. Antitumour, Antimicrobial, Antioxidant and Antiacetylcholinesterase Effect of Ganoderma Lucidum Terpenoids and Polysaccharides: A Review. Molecules. 2018;23(3):649. Published 2018 Mar 13. doi:10.3390/molecules23030649
- Wachtel-Galor S, Yuen J, Buswell JA, et al. Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi or Reishi): A Medicinal Mushroom. In: Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors. Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2011. Chapter 9. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92757/
- Guggenheim AG, Wright KM, Zwickey HL. Immune Modulation From Five Major Mushrooms: Application to Integrative Oncology. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2014;13(1):32-44.
Thanks for reading!
Owner/Coach at Thrive Performance and Nutrition